Sunday 3 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butters: Are they really worth it?

Revlon Lip Butters...
 Creme Brulee (RRP: £7.99)
Swatch



There's been such a buzz over these, but my question is; are they worth the hype and price? Everyone is going to have different opinions on this anyway, but this is mine!

When i saw them in hauls etc etc on YouTube i didnt think the colours would be something i'd use. This is purely because, i like nude lipsticks, glosses and everything else. I don't think that dark or bright lipsticks match my skin tone so, i don't wear them. 

My frame of mind going into the shop was 'even if i don't like the lightest/nudiest colour they are selling, just get it and try it out. If you don't like it, you can put it with something else.' Creme Brulee was the only  nude they have and can i just say, it is the best pigmented lip butter i've tried. In my life! The colour isn't too over powering but does give a nice, glossed look. I'm not a major fan of lip glosses, but this lip butter has the best consistency which makes it look more effortless!

The packaging is actually very appealing and the concept of revealing the lipstick is very unique and something i haven't seen before. I must say, the packaging was a big seller for me. 

I suggest, if you like nudes but aren't very keen on lip glosses you should give this a whirl! I'm not sure about the price as if i could put a price on the product i'd say £5. But, it is a very long lasting and reliable lip butter.


Update! -I bought another in the colour 'peach parfait'; review to follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment